If you are in acute danger
You always have the RIGHT to call the police for help for your protection:
The police can order the violent person out of your home for 10 days or help you to get yourself and your children to safety. (See the Protection against Violence Act)
The way to the women's shelter
You can call our number 02241/3226360 day and night.
If you are looking for a place in the women's shelter and we have free space, we will describe the way to us. For security reasons, the address of the women's shelter is specially protected. If we do not currently have a free place, you can get information about other women's shelters and other support options via the free help line: 08000116016 and on the Internet:
If you can prepare your departure
It is important for you to bring some things with you, if possible:
- Identity cards or passports
- Health insurance cards, vaccination card, yellow health care booklet
- Birth certificates, marriage certificate, family register
- benefit certificates, work papers
- Child benefit number
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Urgently needed medication
- School supplies for school children, grade reports
- for babies possibly special food for a few days
- clothes for 2-3 weeks
- personal things from your home that are dear and valuable to you (photos, jewelry)
Some things you may be able to deposit with a trusted person beforehand, to pick up later.
If something is missing, we will assist you in getting it back.
The most important thing is your safety!
Who is our offer addressed to?
Our offer is aimed at women and their children who are affected or threatened by violence. Violence can take many different forms: physical, psychological, sexualized and economic violence, as well as stalking or forced marriage.
Women from the age of 18, with and without children.
Women with a tolerance permit need a confirmation from the municipality of origin to cover the costs.
Support us with your online purchase without extra costs
Are you interested in being regularly informed about our work? Then you can order our newsletter here.
Haben Sie Interesse, regelmäßig über unsere Arbeit informiert zu werden? Dann können Sie hier unseren Newsletter bestellen.